I received my BFA from the Kansas City Art Institute and worked as a graphic designer for more than 18 years before pursuing art full time.
My art is a reflection of how I feel on a given day. Working freely and intuitively, I allow the compositions to reveal themselves as I paint to create a sense of memory, of a place that feels familiar, distant and close at the same time. When viewing my work, I like for people to be able to create their own story, their own feeling of space and time. Nature, the universe, dreams, and the creators around me inspire me daily. I believe life (and art) is a reflective, flowing, ever-changing expression of who we are and I convey this through my work.
In my free time I like to mountain bike, hike, run, climb, read, and spend time with my husband and two cats. I also volunteer at a local animal shelter and am a supporter of all things related to animal welfare and helping our environment. I donate 15% of all sales to local non-profit organizations.
Photo by 53tom.com
- Spring Artists Showcase, Interurban Arthouse, Overland Park KS
- First Friday Group Art Show, Jones Gallery, Kansas City MO
- Holiday Studio and Member Artist Showcase, Interurban Arthouse, Overland Park KS
- Holiday Small Works Show, Vanessa Lacy Gallery, Kansas City MO
- Women’s invitational, Tomahawk Ridge Community Center, Leawood, KS
- CURRENT: Rolling Hills Spring Art Show, Prairie Village, KS
1998 BFA, Kansas City Art Institute
1996 Centre d’Art La Rectoria, Independent artist workshop, Spain